Akesia Whole Child's Mission and Intent
- An underlying tenet in all that we do and teach is that our students learn and practice good manners and wholesome values such as respect, patience, and kindness.
- We teach and practice good hygiene and health in a clean and safe environment.
- We ensure that our students are held by an environment that is physically and emotionally safe.
- We strive to vet our teachers and assistants to ensure that students are surrounded by qualified and kind adults.
- We strive always to learn as much as we can about each student and their learning style, ensuring that all students are equally and optimally engaged in the learning process.
- Each student is challenged and encouraged academically and receives age-appropriate preparation for success in future education.
Akesia Whole Child in your school
Akesia Whole Child 6-week Montessori camp can be easily integrated into your school's summer program, and focuses on:
- An integrated yoga-focused approach that will allow children to learn in a more holistic way, without the restrictions often imposed by subject boundaries.
- Our modules will help emphasize the inter-relatedness of all curricular areas in helping children enhance basic learning tools.
- With experiential activities that stimulate the learning process in a fun way, our program seeks to enhance and build upon the child's learning in the areas of reading, writing, listening, speaking, literature, drama, social studies, math, science, health, physical education, music, and visual arts.
- The cultural context of our program emphasizes the importance of strengthening and maintaining partnerships with not only the child's own families of origin, but also integrating the concept of local and global community and children's understanding of their role in it. .
- With our Learning Type Survey Tool, having knowledge of each child and their particular style of learning, we will tailor the program to teach to the 'whole' class, with truly no child being left behind.
- Our aim, with the Montessori integrated approach, is for children to acquire and use basic skills in all the content areas and to develop positive attitudes for continued successful learning.
- Our unique Open-Forum Feedback Program will give parents a day-to-day progress report on their child's experience in the camp, and an end-of-camp assessment will provide specific areas of strengths and weaknesses, with tips and suggestions from our resident Early Child Development Specialist.
Akesia Whole Child believes that an effective path to elevating the collective consciousness is through cultivating and preserving the natural sense of wonder in our children. To that end, we have crafted a curriculum that enables our students to continually immerse themselves in creative exploration and expand into their greatest potential including: